Become a Foster Parent
Seeking Foster Parents
DAYS is recruiting foster parents. If you have been considering opening your home to help a child in need of a safe and nurturing environment, please contact us. We provide all the resources, training, and support. FAQs about foster care, click HERE.
Find out more by contacting Amy Slaughter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-698-2300.
Get more information about foster care in Colorado HERE.
Who are Foster Parents?
Temporary parents who:
- Understand that children/youth in their care have experienced trauma, grief and loss
- Have the ability to help the children/youth heal while moving forward in their lives
- Work with both county officials and birth families while advocating for the best interests of the children/youth
- Assist with reconnecting children/youth with their birth family, when appropriate
Who can be a foster parent?
- You can be single, married, or domestic partners
- You can have biological children or not
- You can live in a house or apartment, but must have room for a child or youth
- You can work inside or outside the home
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must have sufficient income to support your family
- You must be able to physically care for a child or youth
- You must pass child abuse and criminal background checks required by state and federal laws
- You must be able to use sound judgment like a prudent parent and demonstrate responsible, stable, and an emotionally mature lifestyle